New revised edition
New lay-out with many new and improved recipes and jam-packed with health information.
To page through the book, click here
About the book
A health-food cookbook of delicious and nutritious recipes with gluten-free, wheat-free, sugar-free and dairy-free options.
Written by Heidi du Preez and Karen Werge Tilney
Photographs by Neil Corder
Foreword by Dr Bernard Brom MB ChB (UCT), CEDH (France), Dip Acup
The Naturally Nutritious Wholefood Cookbook will inspire you to create easy and delicious meals based on sound nutritional research and scientific method. The book will show you that health lies in a simple, practical and delicious diet. The idea is not to treat any specific health condition, but rather to address the poor eating habits we have adopted. Unprocessed food eaten in the right proportion, not isolated vitamins and minerals, holds the key to health and personal wellness. With more than 50 full colour photographs to delight the eye and over 100 recipes to tantalise the palate, you are invited to bring the wonders of wholefood cooking into your home.
- Easy, no fuss recipes for everyday use.
- Nutritious and delicious. Healthy eating is not boring!
- Informative with dietary guidelines and a wealth of health information: meal plans, what to stock suggestions, seasonal chart and much more.
- Economical, cost effective recipes.
- Balanced approach – no dietary extremes or food fads.
- Practical – a sustainable dietary guide.
- Introduces lesser-known health ingredients – how to enjoy millet, quinoa, buckwheat or chickpeas.
- Addresses food intolerances and allergies – gluten- and wheat-free, soy-free, yeast-free, dairy-free and sugar-free options.
- Wide variety of recipes. Over 100 recipes and variations, with practical health tips and serving suggestions.
- Test baked by an experienced chef.
- Recipes that use only fresh, unprocessed wholefood ingredients.