It is widely known that soils in many areas of the world, including South Africa, are deficient in selenium, often as a result of continual or intensive farming. This deficiency manifests up the food chain. This compounded Selenozinc capsules are based on the latest anti-oxidant research and contain a combination of the essential minerals selenium and zinc. Selenium works synergistically with zinc and contributes to cellular protection from oxidative stress. Selenozinc's action affords many health benefits including the following:
- Essential for optimal thyroid function - plays a vital role in the control of normal thyroid hormone metabolism.
- Anti-oxidant effects
- Anti-aging - preserves DNA integrity, maintains telomere length to inhibit the ageing process, reduces mitochondrial oxidative stress.
- Boost immunity - stimulates blood cells including T-cells and macrophages.
- Fertility - vital in sperm cell production and sperm motility.
- Brain health - protects brain cells, assists with overcoming depression and anxiety
- Heart disease and diabetes - reduces inflammation and cholesterol plaque build-up. Reduces homocysteine levels and helps with glycaemic control.
Deficiencies of selenium or zinc have also been identified as important factors in promoting the growth of Candida species - this is a result of the adverse effects of such deficiencies on immune function and thyroid/adrenal hormone metabolism. Supplementation is therefore vital.
Selenium 100 mcg
Zinc 50 mg
Take 1x capsule after breakfast.